Saturday's workout was tough, but you knew that.
Sunday morning, I did a brick workout with the Breakaway Training group, and it was a freakin great workout. 2 loops of fiesta island (8 miles), followed by 5 min run - all at ~75%. The second set was the same thing, only w/ 15 minutes of running, all at ~80%-85%. The third was, you guessed it, the same thing, only at about 90%.
It was a great workout because:
* It got hot early, and I got in some more heat training
* It was a great FAST workout
* I pacelined with Marty, Sal and Paula, and although it burned like no other, it was a good burn
* I feel that my bike is getting really fast, especially on the flats
* Felipe said "Dood" a few times and actually yelled "What the HELL?!" when I took about .25 seconds longer than I should have transitioning to the run
* I hate wind, and let me tell you, there was a lot of wind, so it was a HTFU (Hard the F&*k Up) workout. With the tailwind, I was able to hit north of 27mph. Going into the wind, I hit a low of 17.5mph. DAMN!
The first thing I did when I got to my destination was take an ice bath. The Ice Bath was also spectacular, but I know that the next time I take one, I will need 30lbs of ice because 20lbs just didn't cut it!
I woke up this morning, and even with a coffee @ 8am, and a tea @ 9:30am, I still couldn't get out of my daze at work for the morning. Luckily for me, things picked up in the morning, but I honestly felt sedated during the morning hours. It was to the point where our new intern totally thought I was from San Diego due to my mellow mood!
That's when I KNOW I had GREAT workouts this weekend.
Unfortunately, tonight's swim didn't work out to well, but more on that later. ugh.